a material girl stuck in a not-so-material work world

11.06.2006

New going out jacket

Well, I haven't been shopping too much lately (trying to save a little money), but I had to splurge a little on this jacket.

For years I have been trying to find the perfect "going out" jacket. Several years ago the fitted black leather jacket fit the bill. Last year, it was the velvet jacket (but I knew that trend wouldn't last, so I bought a cheap one at Charlotte Russe!).

The requirements are that it has too look good with jeans, black, or brown, be able to dress up or dress down slightly and look good with a multitude of colors.

...and I found it.


I think it looks less "prissy" in person. It's the perfect classic charcoal gray, it's a unique shape, but not super-trendy, so I can still wear it next year. The belt cinches in just enough at the waist. I love it. At $168, it's a little pricey for me for a jacket, but I used my 10% off coupon & was returning some stuff, so I justified it. :) The salesgirl at BR said it was her favorite item from the fall line too.

I wore it on Friday & Saturday nights this weekend - with a red top and jeans one night and a green top the other night. I got lots of complements on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home