a material girl stuck in a not-so-material work world

11.14.2005

Winter Wedding


So I've been on the hunt for the perfect LBD.

I found this one from Target. It's cute. But it's verrry structured. Like stiff cotton. Also, it's SUPER long. I'm tall, too (5'7") and the end of it hit right at mid-calf. And as WNTW constantly tells me: "Don't have a skirt hit at the widest part of your leg." So, the dress went back to Target.

So, I've finally settled on this cute strapless lace A-line dress (no picture available) from White House Black Market. And I mean settled. It's cute, and flattering. But I really wanted a halter dress, and I wanted it to be the LBD for the ages. Couldn't find one. "The dress" is out for Fall '05. I looked up and down at the Houston Galleria (the 4th largest mall in the nation), for a hot dress for less than $200. I was really wanting a brown dress. Like this one from AT (they had it in brown at the store). But it was too bridesmaid-y and shiny. And my-new-best-friend-Nordstrom had cute dresses online but none, that I could find, in the store. Uggh.

Ok, so I settled for the dress. But I have this awesome $15 Nine West Outlet Purse (still $48 in the NW stores!). Is a black lace dress with the beaded purse Too Much? Hmm.



I'm still hoping to find the perfect brown or black plain dress. Wedding is 5 days away. I have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home