a material girl stuck in a not-so-material work world

4.19.2007

Surprising Finds









[Black Patent Pump - $17.99]
[Linen-like Peep toe pump $19.99]
[Patent buckle flats $15.99]
[Green sneakers $19.99]
[Yellow polka-dot wedge $19.99]
[White fabric eyelet flats $17.99]


In my seemingly never-ending hunt for the perfect flat, I walked into Payless yesterday (it was next to my destination, Target) looking for flats. I was really impressed with the trendiness of some of their shoes. The Black patent pumps were the perfect heel height and looked nearly identical to the blue Poetic Licence ones I paid $90 for... except that the heel wasn't patent, it was black stacked rubber - I would have gotten them if it weren't for that. The Linen-like peep toe pump seemed really comfy and were super cute on. However, just sticking to essential shoes right now!

I bought the black patent flats (well, they have a slight heel) - they were padded nicely and I can tell they will hold their shape better than most of the flats I've tried on. I also would rather spend <$20 on flats until I'm sure I like the style enough to spend more. There were also some gorgeous patent royal blue ballet flats (not online), but they were thin, like most ballet flats are - and wouldn't hold their shape.

The yellow polka dot wedges I really LOVE, and may go back and get - I just worry about the fabric getting dirty and whether they look too childish. :)

I also BOGO'd the green sneakers - very cute, and I really needed some new ones for times when it's too cold for flip flops. LOVE the kelly green.

The white eyelet ballet flats (also came in pink) are very cute, but would get dirty in like 4.2 seconds.

There was also a very cute little girl begging her mom for these ballet shoes. So cute! [$15.99]



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home