a material girl stuck in a not-so-material work world

8.25.2010

finding fall boots

After wearing my $20 suede flat Target boots (in tan and in black) all winter last year, I decided I needed to upgrade this year. They were not impervious to a rainy trip to NYC, and did not hold up so well in the snow of Park City (thankfully, my North Face Nuptse III snow boots did!). So, time to look at Uggs (*shudder*). I really hate the big bulky Uggs of yore.

But, the Nordstrom half-yearly sale lead me to these not-so-bulky ones, on sale for around $150. I ordered them. And the calf-width was slightly too small for my larger calves (getting jeans in there would have been a struggle), and the ruching kind of made them look odd.

I decided I'd really prefer to have a zipper. I really like my leather boots that have zippers - SO much easier getting the jeans down in them than the pull up kind.

So, using my favorite shoe store, Endless, I narrowed it down to:
1. Jessica Simpson Women's Bally Flat Knee-High Boot ($104) - they looked kind of dressier than the casual look I was shooting for, but still really cute. Love the dark brown leather strap on the back.
2. Rockport Women's Tarklyn Terrace Boot ($104) - I can't tell if these are too "old lady"-ish for me or not. I like the dark gray though.
3. Coconuts by Matisse Women's Jackson Buckle Boot ($75) - I LOVE the taupe color.
4. EMU Australia Women's Kimba High Boot ($60) - Ok, there's no zipper, but they have a 15" boot opening.


I ordered #3 and #4, since they were the cheapest... #3 shaft was just too narrow. Could not get them zipped up. Boo.

However, I do really like the EMUs (#4). Ugg-like, but with a narrower footbed, so you don't look all clompy like. I got them in the chocolate brown. I don't wear a lot of black, and I JUST bought a pair of leather-like Steve Madden boots in the Cognac-y color. I wish they still had them in gray, but brown is very neutral too. They are comfy and warm, and hopefully will do just fine in my normal Houston winters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home