a material girl stuck in a not-so-material work world

5.25.2006

Blazers are still in? Yay!

It's freezing at my work all the time - and I do wear sweaters in the summer, but I also wear tank tops and short sleeves a lot - so I have to have jackets. My work is casual, and pretty much anything goes. I love blazers and I have been craving buying more of them (I only, really, have 2 summer-weight ones that I like and wear a lot). But blazers have been in style for the past 3 years - isn't it time for something new? Well, I'm happy to hear that my cravings to buy more jackets is justified.

I really want a white one, but am afraid it will get too dirty.

My friend at work had this one on today. She usually buys all her clothes at Ann Taylor, so I thought surely it was AT. After staring at it (trying to read the buttons!) and noticing how TINY it made her waist look, I finally asked and she shocked me - it was apt. 9 from Kohl's! The picture doesn't do it justice - it looked a million times better with the white tank and brown circle skirt she had on.