a material girl stuck in a not-so-material work world

6.21.2006

Transforming a t-shirt


So, I have a T-shirt I want to wear to an outdoorsy event (it supports the event), but I really hate baggy t-shirts. So, I was looking for ways to transform it into a halter or a strapless top (getting no tan lines up there is always a bonus). I'm not a sew-er (not a sewer either), and no real access to a sewing machine... Hmmm. But apparently I'm onto something that's been going on for years.

Well, this is a good start. This is a cute halter (I love the colors!).

This is a nice step-by-step from Elle Girl with visuals.


I've also always wanted to make a t-shirt quilt out of all my old college Ts... but I finally got rid of most of them, thinking that it probably really doesn't fit into my decorating scheme. But I still think it's cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home