a material girl stuck in a not-so-material work world

7.07.2006

Cheap stuff


I love strapless tops, and I saw these online only (grrr) earlier this summer, but my local BR did not carry them. I wanted white, and since 99% of the white tops I try on are see-through, I didn't feel I should order it online. A
couple weeks ago I wandered into American Eagle (looking for their comfy suede-soled flip-flops) and saw these. They are reversible and the white & khaki striped one is solid white on the inside! And since they are double-layered, they are thick enough to not be see-through and are really flattering and long! Perfect. I bought the white & the blue (which is a gorgeous dark blue solid on the inside).

I wore the blue with my white Express cargo shorts that have become my favorite pair of shorts this summer.

I also just bought the cutest denim skirt at Old Navy. They don't seem to have it online, but it's knee-length and has embroirdered detailing on the back flap pockets, and it just looks expensive (but it's Old Navy!). So cute. I also totally love my denim mini I bought there in February. It's been the perfect weekend skirt to wear with my swimsuit..

I also bought some navy capris (also not online) that fit perfect in the waist - sot I had them altered into just-above-the-knee shorts. I love the long shorts trend this summer, but I didn't want to spend too much on buying too many pairs of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home